The growing awareness to stay fit amid our stressful and sedentary lifestyles has made many of us register at a local gym or go for a brisk walk or run. The common perception of a fit body among men defines bulging biceps and taut abdominal muscles. However, the perception does not include intake of a healthy diet, filled with essential vitamins and minerals to support the regular workout of body. Fitness goals go hand in hand with the intake of adequate amounts of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. The recommended dietary allowances for vitamins and minerals for men are different than those for women. Hence, it is of utmost importance to look for well-formulated multivitamin capsules to supplement diet while building a fit body. Surprisingly, it is often overlooked while aiming for pumped up muscles.
For gym-goers, athletes, and men with active lifestyles, healthy bones and muscular elasticity are of primary importance. Several vitamins and minerals are at play while ensuring optimal bone growth, muscle contraction, and several other biochemical processes actively undergoing in a body subjected to a rigorous workout. To remain committed to fitness and bodybuilding goals, it is imperative to understand the role of multivitamin supplements in the diet.
Why Multivitamins are Needed for Men with Active Lifestyle?
According to a study carried out by scientists from the National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, vitamin deficiency is widespread among adults in urban India. It can be traced to the average Indian diet that primarily consists of whole grains and pulses. Vitamins are sensitive to heat and chemical agents. In food preparation involving a lot of heat and chemical agents such as spices, the nutritional value of a meal gets depleted. Lesser intake of raw fruits and leafy vegetables reflects vitamin deficiency in the adult population in India. Deficiency of Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, iron, calcium, iodine, and magnesium are some of the most common nutrient deficiencies worldwide.
Whether you are working out at a gym or simply leading a pretty active lifestyle, your body requires both micro- and macronutrients. Macronutrients like carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are usually much emphasized upon while planning a diet for bodybuilders and athletes. However, the intake of micronutrients viz. vitamins and minerals are equally important. Following is a list of water-soluble vitamins needed for men involved in fitness training:
- Vitamin C: It is particularly important for its role in the production of collagen, which in turn, helps in tissue healing. As an antioxidant, vitamin C counters damage done by free radicals generated due to an intense workout.
- Vitamin B Complex: The B group comprising of eight vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12 are responsible for a range of essentially biological processes in a body engaged in extensive rear and tear at the gym. These vitamins are involved in the metabolism of iron, production of red blood cells, strengthening the immune system, synthesis of steroid hormones, muscle contraction, metabolization of carbohydrates and fats, synthesis of amino acids, cellular growth, and various other enzymatic reactions.
Water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body. Hence, the regular intake of these vitamins in the form of food or supplements is necessary. Fat-soluble vitamins are not required to be taken regularly as these are stored in the body’s cells. Though adequate amounts of fat-soluble vitamins are needed, intake of these vitamins over the recommended daily allowance might lead to toxicity. Following are the fat-soluble vitamins needed for adult men:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is primarily known for keeping a healthy vision. It is also needed for a healthy immune system, skin, and bone growth.
- Vitamin D: For athletes and bodybuilders, Vitamin D is absolutely necessary for maintaining optimal bone health. It has been found that adequate intake of Vitamin D helps reduce inflammation, impaired muscle function, and reduces risks of stress fracture. Also, vitamin D is linked to the recovery of muscle and immune system from too much exercise and infections.
- Vitamin E: Various studies have suggested that the antioxidant properties of Vitamin E help improve physical endurance in sportspersons and men involved in rigorous fitness schedules. It is said to be playing an important role in preventing the damages caused by free radicals produced during physical stress.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K is important for blood clotting and bone density. It has been observed to improve fitness in athletes and sportspersons. Deficiency of Vitamin K in gym-goers might cause knee osteoarthritis.
Similar to nutrients, minerals are also categorized as micro- and macro-minerals. Some of the trace or micro-minerals include iron, zinc, selenium, copper, chromium, and manganese. Phosphorous, calcium, potassium, and magnesium are some of the macro-minerals. Vitamins and minerals play an important role in muscle repair, bone strengthening, nutrient absorption, and several other biological reactions happening at the cellular level in a body subjected to regular active workout. Hence, it is imperative for gym-goers and bodybuilders to supplement their diet with multivitamin capsules. In a market full of multivitamin supplements, what is the best multivitamin for male bodybuilders, athletes, and men at gyms working on rigorous fitness regimes?
Purayati’s Multivitamin Tablets for Men
Purayati, as the name suggests, is committed to fulfilling the nutritional needs of the adult population in India. Purayati’s Multivitamin Tablets for Men has 23 vital nutrients to take care of average daily requirements of vitamins in active and working men. The product manufactured at FSSAI and ISO 9001: 2008 certified plant has been formulated after extensive research. Each tablet contains essential vitamins, along with minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, and antioxidants in precise dosage according to recommended daily allowance. Purayati’s multivitamin tablets for men have zero side effects and are completely vegetarian, making it one of the highest quality multivitamins for bodybuilding at reasonable prices.
A Word of Caution:
- Though Purayati’s Multivitamin Tablets for Men has zero side effects, please do not take more than the prescribed dosage as mentioned on the product label.
- The product itself takes care of the overall nutritional requirements of the body and hence, intake of any other vitamin supplements or capsules is not needed.