If you are someone who is concerned about your skin, you must be aware of the fact that vitamins can do wonders for your skin and hair. These vitamin supplements for skin, if taken in an adequate amount can help improve both your skin and hair.
Importance of Multivitamins for Skin
Multivitamin tablets for skin can help you in more ways than one. In a nutshell, these are effective in curing the following:
- Dark spots: Dark spots are a vital problem for people who has rough skin. A correct balance of the right vitamins in one's diet can help to remove the dark spots as it cleanses the skin internally in an effective way. So, multivitamin capsules for skin are a must!
- Redness: The redness of the skin is usually due to deficiency of proper nutrients that nourish the skin. Vitamin supplements for skin help in controlling this damage by adding the right kind of nutrient required to remove the redness.
- Excessive dryness: Vitamins are especially effective in curing excessive dryness of skin as they hydrate the skin, keeping it healthy and refreshed. So, you can certainly try vitamin tablets for glowing skin.
- Rough patches: Multivitamin capsules for skin can cure rough patches in skin quite easily as it helps in cleansing the skin from its deep pores, thereby keeping it healthy.
- Wrinkles: Surprisingly enough, a proper supply of vitamins can also prevent your skin from ageing. In fact, intake of proper vitamins for skin is the best natural way to tackle with wrinkles!
- Dandruff: Vitamins for skin may also help in keeping the scalp healthy. It could counter dandruff by keeping your hair free from this problem.
Important Vitamins and Minerals for Skin Health
The following vitamins and minerals can indeed do wonders for your skin and hair:
- Vitamin A: Each and every cell in our body requires Vitamin A for its growth and development. So, for your dead skin cells to regrow, the correct balance of proper vitamins, especially Vitamin A is extremely essential. Hair being the most fast growing tissue in the body also requires the proper amount of Vitamin A to grow properly and remain healthy. Vitamin supplements for skin can be found in foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, kale spinach, pumpkins, yoghurt, milk, eggs and so on.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is especially helpful in making the skin glow and look healthy from outside. It is also essential for proper growth and health of hair. It is found in a host of food items like lemons, tomatoes, oranges, potatoes, broccoli and so on. Fruit juices are mostly rich in vitamin C as well.
- Biotin: Biotin in a B-complex vitamin that mainly works at keeping the skin and hair healthy. It also helps create red blood cells and carries nutrients and oxygen to the skin, scalp and hair follicles. The sources of this vitamin include fish, meat, whole grains, almond, seafood and edible leaves. This is mostly found in animal protein, so if you are a vegetarian, you can consider taking multivitamin tablets for skin.
- Vitamin E: This helps in the protection of skin from oxidative stress thus fighting against premature ageing and healing scars and imperfections. You will mainly get Vitamin E from multivitamin capsules for skin or in a variety of beauty products.
- Zinc: Zinc is one of the most important minerals that keep your skin healthy. If you are suffering from a lot of acne, zinc is precisely what you would require. Its anti oxidant properties also helps against ageing of both skins and muscles. It also helps in healing one's skin after an injury or accident. The sources of zinc include cereals, peas, hazelnuts, cashews, lean meat, olives and so on.
- Iodine: This mineral is significant because it hydrates the skin, thus restoring its moisture level as per the necessity. Mostly derived from iodized salts, iodine is also found in eggs, fishes, dairy products and seaweeds.
- Selenium: Selenium is a strong anti-oxidant which maintains the elasticity and flexibility of the skin. It also protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Studies also indicate that selenium is effective in preventing skin cancer in many cases. It can be derived from fish, chicken and Brazil nuts.
Deficiency and Effects on Skin
Deficiency of vitamins can cause a host of problems for which vitamins for skin are a must. Some of the problems caused due to vitamin deficiency are listed below:
- Eczema: Atopic dermatitis is a disease characterized by rashes in skin mostly in arms and knees which occurs due to deficiency of vitamins. This might further lead to swelling of the tongue, itchiness, redness sores and so on.
- Skin Ulcers: Deficiency of vitamins can cause skin ulcers whose symptoms include rashes, itchy skin, flaking skin on the lips, and so on.
- Scaly Dermatitis: This is a condition where oval red patches are observed on the skin due to the deficiency of vitamin B12. This usually happens due to improper blood circulation and regulation in those areas which can be cured using multivitamin capsules for the skin.
- Scurvy: Caused by the deficiency of Vitamin C, this disease is characterized by symptoms like red dots on your skin, gum bleeding and pain in muscles and joints. Vitamin supplements for skin can help do away with this condition.
- Psoriasis: Low levels of Vitamin D lead to psoriasis whose main symptoms is a rash on the skin, or sometimes even in the nails or joints.
- Yellow Skin and Vitiligo: This is a pigmentation disorder which causes white patches on one's skin. Usually caused due to the deficiency of Vitamin B12, this can be cured by taking multivitamin capsules for the skin.
The vitamins for skin are thus extremely useful and a correct balance of proper vitamins and minerals can improve your skin to a great extent. So, regulate your intake of vitamins and say no to skin problems!