Multivitamin for Senior Women (90 Tablets)
As a person grows old, he or she gradually tends to lack some of the important nutrients in the body, which are essential for good health. It is extremely essential for these nutrients to be supplemented in order to remain fit and healthy. There arises a need for multivitamins for women over 50 mainly due to the scarcity of the following nutrients in their body:
- Calcium: Calcium is one of the most important minerals required for our body which tends to become scarce with age. As calcium is essential for maintaining bone strength, deficiency of this mineral can lead to problems such as osteoporosis or osteomalacia. Both these diseases are extremely harmful as the former cause the bones to become brittle while the later makes them soft. As a result of both these diseases, old women might have to suffer a lot.
- Iron: Another very essential mineral that helps in proper formation of red blood cells in the body is iron. Red blood cells are basically responsible for transporting oxygen to our body. Deficiency of iron might lead to anaemia, a condition that is characterised by the lack of red blood cells and a decrease in the haemoglobin percentage.
- Vitamin D: This essential nutrient ensures that your bones remain strong as it absorbs calcium from the gut. It thus prevents you from osteoporosis or osteomalacia, that is brittle and soft bones. Apart from this, the right amount of vitamin D also reduces the risk of cancer and certain heart diseases. Calcium with Vitamin D3 combination strengthens bones.
- Vitamin B12: Cyanocobalamin or Vitamin B12 is another very important nutrient that is used by most cells of the body, especially those of the nervous system, that is, the brain and spinal cord. As a person grows old, she often experiences deficiency of this vitamin that might lead to hallucination, confusion or agitation.
There are many other nutrients which gradually becomes deficient as one advances in age, as a result of which the need for taking multivitamins arises.
Benefits of Multivitamins for senior women
The multivitamins help in the normal and proper functioning of the body for senior women in more ways than one. Some of its benefits are mentioned below:
- The multivitamins act as a supplement of those nutrients that are lost from the body with advancing age. Under many circumstances, it becomes difficult to get these nutrients from food sources, and this is when the multivitamins come to the rescue.
- The multivitamins help women over 50 years of age in the prevention of a number of diseases such as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and osteomalacia.
- The multivitamins help the aged women stay fit, healthy and active as the regulate the normal functioning of the body.
- Minerals in the supplement such as calcium, magnesium and iron helps in strengthening the bones.
The Purayati Advantage
As compared to other available brands of multivitamins that contain high doses of vitamins and minerals over and above the RDA that could even be harmful, Purayati's daily use health multivitamins have been developed considering the recommended daily allowance (RDA) suggested by multiple global institutions and experts. This gives you the perfect combination of vitamins and minerals that will help fulfil your daily requirement of nutrients without wasting your money on unnecessary extra dosages.
This product has been manufactured at a well equipped FSSAI and ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing plant which ensures you get a high quality and efficacious product that you can use to obtain the vitamins and minerals necessary to keep yourself healthy.
Purayati Multivitamin for Senior Men is also available at our online store which is formulated to accommodate the needs of elder women.
1. Should you start taking multivitamin tablets on your own when you reach 50?
It is always advisable to consult your doctor before resorting to self-medication, and the same applies to multivitamins
2. Can excess multivitamins be harmful?
No medicine, in excess, is good for your body. Hence, it is always safe and advisable to consult your doctor and stick to only the prescribed number of multivitamin tablets.