*Please note that Glucosamine is derived from shellfish and is not vegetarian.
Glucosamine tablets are common OTC dietary supplements used for arthritis and osteoarthritis because of the claim that they have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
Natural sources of nutrients are usually sufficient for healthy bones and joints in the early stages of our lives. As we age, we need additional care. We may also develop arthritis and osteoarthritis that are painful degeneration of our bones. These conditions require medication.
Glucosamine is also combined with Chondroitin and Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) for better results. These tablets are possibly effective and usually safe. However, please consult your doctor before you take them because they are only aids to other treatment methods.
Glucosamine is a compound that is naturally made in humans. It is involved in the creation of molecules that form cartilage. The body uses glucosamine sulfate, to stimulate cells to create one of the main building blocks of joint cartilage, proteoglycans.
Chondroitin is an important structural component of cartilage. Chondroitin sulfate attracts and holds large amounts of water to the cartilage-building proteoglycan molecules. Since cartilage has no blood supply, this fluid is necessary to nourish and lubricate joints.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a natural sulfur-containing molecule and efficient source of sulfur that is used by many of the body's structural molecules, including joint cartilage.
Purayati offers high-quality Glucosamine supplements in combination with Chondroitin and MSM. It is a package of 90 tablets Glucosamine tablets and is NOT VEGETARIAN because they are extracted from shellfish and bovine sources.
What is Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM?
We naturally produce three chemical substances Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM in our body. They are also produced commercially. They have individual functions in the human body that are listed below:
Glucosamine is a form of sugar (the simplest form of carbohydrates in our body but one that doesn’t affect blood sugar levels or insulin sensitivity). Glucosamine for joints helps in the development of cartilage-forming molecules. Some studies suggest that they help in the restoration of cartilages and helps repair cartilage wear and tear. However, this is still under research.
Chondroitin is also a form of sugar that binds to proteins and contains sulfur. It is a key structural component of cartilages; it has a supporting function in joints because it acts as a cushion that eliminates friction between bones and maintains flexibility, and it is also a hydrating agent for cartilages because it attracts water and other fluids.
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a compound containing sulfur. It possibly supports tendons and muscles. There have been fewer scientific tests conducted on MSM compared to Glucosamine and Chondroitin.
Importance of Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Glucosamine is an amino monosaccharide synthesized from glucose in almost every human tissue and is most abundant in cartilages and connective tissues. The natural building blocks for growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage and joint tissues are provided by glucosamine.
Everyday tasks would be very difficult and painful without glucosamine. Glucosamine maintains lubrication and shock absorption by attracting water that serves the gel-like nature of joints. It is also the structural component to other important tissues such as tendons, heart valves, ligaments, hair, and nails.
Chondroitin sulfate is a mucopolysaccharide, and they are present in both bones and connective tissues. It speeds up the formation of new joint cartilage, delivers nutrients and helps inhibit the enzymes that decompose the joint cartilage. Functions such as elasticity and plasticity can be maintained through the use of Chondroitin. It is commonly sold together with glucosamine.
Being the fundamental components of joint tissue, glucosamine and chondroitin help in the production of hyaluronic acid, an important component of the synovial fluid, and thus lubricate the joints and other major components of the connective tissue in the skin.
Importance of MSM
Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM) is an organosulfur compound with the molecular formula (CH3)2SO2. MSM is a biologically useful form of sulfur. Sulfur is the third most abundant mineral in the human body. Sulfur from MSM helps to maintain elasticity and strengthens joint tissues.
They help to support muscles and tendons in the body. A critical building block for cartilage is sulfur. MSM supplement also improves skin health and strengthen hair and nails. They can also improve detoxification, increase energy and accelerate healing.
Benefits to Bone Health
Our body needs these substances for the proper functioning of bones, joints, cartilages, and tissues. They have a key role to play in their development, maintenance, and repair. As we grow old, their levels drop in our body. This deficiency causes various bone health problems including arthritis and its key variant osteoarthritis.
We have discussed the benefits of their natural forms in the section above. Commercially produced Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM and Glucosamine Chondroitin supplements are given to people suffering from arthritis and osteoarthritis to achieve the same functions, which are as follows:
- Supports the Repair of Joint Cartilage. Prevents Age-related onset of Joint problems.
- Supports all 5 signs of Joint Health Mobility | Comfort | Strength | Flexibility | Lubrication
- Glucosamine: Builds and strengthens the cartilage and tissue that cushions your joints.
- Chondroitin: Lubricates cartilage for better mobility, while also being a shock absorber for your joints
- MSM: Repairs joint tissue and lower inflammatory that contributes to swelling and stiffness.
- Glucosamine tablets are used in osteoarthritis care. Please do not use them for treatment for any other form of joint or bone problem. Glucosamine tablets for joints are most effective as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Glucosamine is sourced for commercial purposes from exoskeletons of crustaceans like shellfish or sometimes from corn or wheat grains. It is neither a vitamin nor a mineral but an exclusive category of nutritional supplement. Certain studies suggest that one should stop taking glucosamine tablets if they show no benefits in three months.
- Chondroitin supplements help alleviate osteoarthritis that results from cartilage degeneration and damage. However, it has mixed results.
- MSM has anti-inflammatory and detoxing properties. It can be found in plants of primitive origin, the bacteria Afipia that inhabit the air in marine areas, and also in certain common food items like milk, tomatoes, tea, corn, and beer.
Why should you take Glucosamine Tablets with MSM?
Aging causes a diminish in the health of the bones accompanied by a reduce in energy, an increase in fatigue and digestive problems and an increase in maladies associated with a weakening immune system. These maladies include disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, inflammatory bowel disorders, and other degenerative problems.
Glucosamine, Chondroitin with MSM is a combination medicine that has been used as an effective aid in treating osteoarthritis, muscle damage caused by exercise and other inflammatory disorders related to the joints. Osteoarthritis is a joint inflammation that is caused by the degeneration of cartilage. It can be caused by aging, heredity or is a result of trauma or disease. It occurs more frequently as we age.
The most common symptom is the pain in the affected joint after repetitive use. Other symptoms of osteoarthritis include swollen joints, stiffness, and creaking of joints with loss of range of motion. The combination of glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM supports joints and are taken to reduce pain in those with osteoarthritis and other inflammatory problems of the joint
All the three supplements are available either individually or as Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM complex and Glucosamine Chondroitin complex. These combinations have apparently shown better results in arthritis patients. However, there is on-going research about the benefits of these supplements, so you need to ensure four things to use them safely for bone health:
- Your doctor should determine the dosage. You should not decide for yourself. Do not take more than the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
- When you take Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM or Glucosamine Chondroitin complex follow the guidelines on the label of the package. Even if you refer to the label or information, please check with your doctor before you start taking them.
- They may also have a contraindication with other medicines you may be taking like blood thinners and insulin. Please mention these to your doctor before you take any of these individually or as a combination/complex.
- Also, tell your doctor about any other medical problems and allergies that you may have before you take these supplements.
People who have taken these supplements have reported mixed responses, and they are still being researched. So, it is advisable to buy Glucosamine tablets and any of its combinations with Glucosamine and Chondroitin from reputed and trusted brands that have strong quality check measures.
If you don’t know much about a brand, please request the pharmacist for more information. Purayati's Bone Health - Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM are tablets that contain an ideal combination of all three ingredients meant for patients who have been suggested to take Glucosamine by their doctors.*
Why Purayati Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM Supplement?
In the early stages of our lives, natural sources of nutrients are sufficient for healthy bones and joints. We need additional care as we age because we may develop arthritis and other painful disorders related to our bones. Quality medications are required for these conditions. Purayati offers high-quality glucosamine supplements in combination with chondroitin and MSM. It is non-vegetarian because glucosamine sulfate is derived from shellfish.
Meant for patients who have been suggested to take glucosamine by their doctors, Purayati’s Bone Health-Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM are tablets contain an ideal combination of all the three ingredients. Purayati’s calcium tablets with vitamin D3 have been formulated considering the consequence of calcium on our bones. These products are manufactured at a well equipped manufacturing plant with FSSAI and ISO 9001:2008 certification and thus ensure you get high quality and efficacious product.
Please note that Glucosamine is derived from shellfish and is not vegetarian.
* Glucosamine products should not be considered as a treatment for any joint or bone conditions and should only be taken as a supporting supplement for other methods of treatment or as a supplement to maintain optimum levels of glucosamine in the body.
1. What are glucosamine tablets used for?
Glucosamine occurs naturally in the fluid around the joints. Glucosamine plays a vital role in building cartilages and cushions joints. Glucosamine supports the growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage and joint tissues.
2. What do glucosamine tablets contain?
Purayati Glucosamine Supplement contains Glucosamine Sulphate 1500 mg, MSM 600 mg and Chondroitin 900 mg for a serving size of 3 tablets a day.
3. What is MSM in glucosamine tablets?
MSM Or Methylsulfonylmethane is a natural sulfur-containing molecule and efficient source of sulfur that is used by many of the body's structural molecules, including joint cartilage.
4. Where can I buy Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM Supplements?
You can buy Purayati Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM supplement from the Purayati Site. You can choose online payment to get extra cashback offers.